Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Preface


What is the Dolce Non Agitato Project (D.N.A. Project)?

It is the means by which I will endeavor to motivate myself to progress my creativity in creating fiction. I am not a writer by training, so please forgive me if my writing sometimes doesn't come across as engaging, elegant, or witty. However, I encourage any readers to write constructive comments as to how I may improve my writing. I will try to read these comments often and make modifications to the chapters accordingly and regularly (unless I decide to veto a suggestion), so stay posted for any updates!

There is at least one story I hope to craft on this blog. Don't expect me to post often, but I will try to post a chapter or two a month; though it may very well be that not all posts are chapters of a single book but rather several. To minimize confusion, the chapters will be separated in the "Chapters" sidebar(s) accordingly.

So sit back, relax, and let's see where this journey takes us. Like life, this blog will progress "dolce non agitato" or "sweet but not hurried."

4 comments:

FlyingRabbit said...

I thought Dolce Non Agitato of no meaning at first sight for my poor English. Then I know it's a good name. Is that mean keep a peaceful mood? And it's artful joining their first word as DNA, a field has something to do with your learning.

Thanks for the commonts you left on my blog. I'm looking forward to your next post!

Charli Henley said...

Hi, Alb! Your blog seems so mysterious so far. I am interested in these chapters you speak of. Please keep writing! (And I don't think you need to be so down on yourself as a writer - you're great!

Dan Jenkins said...

Hey Alb! Glad to see that you have caught the blog fever!

I do have one compliment and one suggestion as you begin your blogging career. Your page banner is awesome and fits the theme of your blog brilliantly. I would try changing the background of your blog to a color that better matches that banner. The black is a bit depresso and not so dolce. Maybe a soft, beige, green like those leaves in the background?

Alb said...

Flyingrabbit: Thanks!

Charli: Haha, mysteriousness not intended. Just haven't gotten around to doing much on this blog. Soon though!

Dan: Thanks! I played with the colors around a bit after your suggestion, but then everything became "too bright" (I also couldn't find a good light green/beige color that I liked, so I tried light blue but that fell through as well). I like the black background that brings out the brightness of the text. After all, it's the text I want people to focus on. :P