Wednesday, June 30, 2010

05: Returned

Long years it has been
since I've walked this path.
Many ages ago it seems
since I've heard people laugh.

Here I stand once again
amongst the ruins of my past.
I reminisce on a former life
trying to make each memory last.

Now I painfully weave
the infinite threads of time;
each fragment being pieced
within the confines of my mind.

The melody of remembrance
seems more distant than near.
These delicate strains of music
I summon to my ear.

And yet the more I recall
the more I see the change.
This once too familiar place
how now grown . . . strange.

The trees, once tall and proud,
have become wizened and old.
Even the once bright azure sky
now seems dull gray and cold.

But even with the broken shards
of the glory days of yore,
I shall put forth my strength
and restore it to times before.

For I have returned . . .

1 comment:

Shari said...

I like this one. That's all.