Saturday, June 19, 2010

Under the Shadow of Leaves


Under the Shadow of Leaves is collection of poems that stems from an older unfinished work, Unspoken Thoughts, that I began in high school. What I began then I hope to finish here. These poems reflect my thoughts and style, and so it will be interesting to see how they progress through time.

There is no real cohesion between the poems. Most are separate and independent from the others. There are poems on my thoughts, poems of my imagination, poems on observations of the world, and probably more. They may not always make sense, they may not always have form, and they may be written in naivete (perhaps more so in the earlier works), but they are genuine.

So enjoy the journey that has already taken years, with many pit-stops along the way. And at the end of its days, I shall sit on a bench under a tree, and bask under the shadow of leaves.

2003 - present

No comments: